Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman,
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and managed to enjoy the beautiful sunshine.
I wanted to share one of my favourite accessory to make my outfit from dull to fun!
Here it is! The bunny with a moustache necklace! It was bought at a pop up store. I love going to random pop up stores because you find funky necklaces, earrings and other accessories. How cute is it?
I have worn this necklace in the following two outfits:
My Lazy Weekend Errand Outfit
This is one of my “lazy weekend errand outfit” that i wear. I wear this outfit when i know i have to run around and go to the bank, post office or the shops and I just want to be comfy. The main aim of this outfit is to be comfy and to look casual!
The below lazy weekend errand outfit consists of:
- Abercrombie and Fitch Grey and White Zipped Hoodie
- Esprit Grey T Shirt
- Bunny Moustache Necklace (The necklace makes the outfit become fun because its the first item that people look at)
- Guess Black Jeans
- White Converse Shoes with rainbow laces (The Rainbow Laces gives the outfit a bit of brightness and makes me feel as if I am a kid again. We secretly are all a big kid!. Nothing to be ashamed of)
Here are close ups of my converse with Rainbow Laces, as you can see my cat wanted to be apart of the photo as well. His name is Watson!
My Midsumma Carnival Outfit
I went to the Midsumma Carnival that is held in Melbourne as a queer celebration on the weekend . The Midsumma Carnival is part of the Midsumma Festival, This festival goes for three weeks it consists of entertainment, wide range of events and activities including visual art, theatre,cabaret, film, live music, parties, sport, social events and public forums.
I was aware the carnival included free entertainment, lots of food,a lot of sunshine and me sitting on the picnic rug and walking around the stalls. It made me decide to wear the below summer casual outfit because its casual, summery and very comfy. Not to mention I can work on my tan on my legs.
My below Midsumma Carnival Outfit consists of:
- Cotton On Striped Orange and White T-Shirt
- Moustache Bunny Necklace (See how the necklace captures your eye!)
- Lovisa Medium Size Silver Hoop Earrings
- Tokito Grey Cardigan
- Just Jeans Denim Skirt
- Peter Morrissey Orange Sandals (These sandals only cost me $10 and it is from Big W! So cheap and comfy)
A close up of the Peter Morrissey Orange Sandals from Big W:
I accessorise the Midsumma Carnival Outfit with my Kate Hill Orange Handbag. The handbag matches my outfit and it is a bright summery orange bag that makes me smile:)
I have a confession to make, It honestly takes me forever to decide what to wear each morning especially which jacket or cardigan to wear due to the weather in Melbourne. I always mix and match all my items of clothing till i am happy with the outfit from head to toe. Including what earrings do i wear and what handbag and heels will match with my outfit.
So, here is an explanation of the three split images below:
- 1st Split Image: My Midsumma Carnival Outfit without a cardigan
- 2nd Split Image: I wore my outfit with a grey cardigan that is slightly past the waist. I found this cardigan suited the outfit because i am aiming for a casual look and wanted a light cardigan to carry. The cardigan is a good length as it does not over shadow my outfit. The colour of the cardigan is quite neutral that you are still able to see the light blue denim skirt and the striped orange and white t-shirt (Approved with a green tick)
- 3rd Split Image: The long grey cardigan just does not do anything for this outfit. It is so long that it covers my whole outfit. The long cardigan just covers my outfit that it makes me look even more like a long stick covered up in foil. I felt as if i was wrapped up like a burrito.
So, What I am trying to tell all of you people reading this is… Find yourself a fun necklace or accessory that will make your outfit from dull to fun! Always have fun mixing and matching your clothes. You may get the outfit wrong, but it does not matter at least you know what works and what does not work.
To Audrey, Kelvin, Ross and Rose who attended Midsumma Carnival with me, I just want to say Thank You and you are all amazing people!
Love Mei xoxo