Good Evening Ladies and Gentleman,
I hope you had a lovely weekend. This will be my third post about statement pieces. Another statement piece that we should all have is a silk shirt.
Why you should invest in a Silk Shirt
1. Silk shirt is a statement piece that can make your outfit look professional and casual for woman as a daytime and evening wear.
2. A silk shirt can be worn during any season.
3. A silk shirt can be worn with jeans, skirt, work trousers, work skirt and also worn with a leather jacket for a night out in town. (Silk shirt can be worn with flats, boots or heels)
Tips before investing in a Silk Shirt
If you wish to invest in a silk shirt here are a few of my tips:
1. Invest in different coloured silk shirts and silk shirts with different patterns that you can wear with jeans, skirt, work trousers, work skirt. Only purchase the silk shirt if it compliments against your skin tone.
2. If you are unable to afford a Burbery Silk Shirt that cost approximately $500- $900 AUD do not worry. You can always go to Zara, Forever New. H&M for one.
3. Always try on a silk shirt at the store because you will be able to feel and see the material of the silk shirt. By trying on the shirt you will be able to see how the shirt flows against your body when you wear it with jeans or how it looks when you tuck your shirt into your work trousers and work skirt.
5. Take the time to buy your silk shirt, do not buy a silk shirt just because I told you too. If you do not like the feel of the silk on your skin or you feel it is not your style do not buy it.
6. Always follow the washing instructions provided to ensure that the item does not shrink or tear (Silk material is very delicate, so please take careful care with it!)
7. Hang up your silk shirts when drying them and and store them in the shelf hanging up to ensure the silk shirt maintains its shape. I would highly recommend to place moth balls in your cupboard so the moths don’t attack your clothes.
Here are a few of my silk shirt outfits that I wear to work to give it a professional, look.
I bought the above Marcs Tangerine silk shirt because I love the bright colour and i find orange goes very well with my skin complexion. I even thought to myself i must have it as it was on discount!
The above Marcs Tangerine silk shirt outfit consists of:
- Marcs Tangerine Silk Shirt
- Cue pencil skirt
- Marcs Black Blazer
- Wittner Black Patent High Heels
I accessorised the outfit with Swarovski Circle earrings and pink lip gloss. A hint of lippy on your lips makes your outfit stand out more.
I bought this shirt because I love the patterns on it! It is very quirky and unique (quirky like me). Some people may not like it but I love it because its a fun outfit to wear. Not to mention confidence within always helps to pull off an outfit.
My Marcs Eyelash Lipstick White Shirt Outfit consists of:
- Marcs Eyelash Lipstick White Shirt Outfit
- Cue Black pencil skirt
- Tokito Black Cardigan
- Diana Ferrari Red Patent Heels
The outfit is accessorised with red circle hoop earrings to match with the red patent heels.
So, what you all waiting for? Go and find a silk shirt that you would be glad to wear and show to your friends and colleagues. (Here is a close up of the lipstick and eyes on the above Marcs Eyelash Lipstick White Shirt Outfit)
I hope you all find these tips useful when buying a silk shirt for yourself.
Love Mei xoxo